Saturday, October 2, 2010

What's Your Happy Thought?

I love quotes.
I have several books filled with them and literally get excited when I hear one I like.
I also like to give 'happies' to those I love.

Here's where this idea comes in handy....

For this super cute project you will need a jar of some sort.
It can be glass or plastic; it matters not.
I decided to recycle and use one of these:


Starbucks? I know. Surprising, right, considering I'm a total addict.

You will also need three squares of felt (or any fabric will do, again this is just what I happened to have on hand...I also like to use felt because you don't have to worry about your edges fraying) large enough to trace the lip of whatever jar you are using.


Trace the lid and cut out your circles.


Then take your circles and fold them in half.....


Then fold them in half again and place just enough stitches in the point to make it stay folded.



You do NOT have to be a superb seamstress to do this-- no one will see the stitches.
However, if any sewing whatsoever totally intimidates you, you can certainly use hot glue.
My hot glue and I don't seem to be seeing eye to eye at the moment though, so sewing it is.

When you are done, your circles should look like this:



Then I spray painted the lid of my jar black....you obviously don't have to do this...especially if you are not using a jar from an overpriced coffee shop that shall remain nameless. 


And now the fun part.
Print or cut some of your favorite quotes (aka HAPPY THOUGHTS) on the paper of your choice.
 Since my jar was relatively small, I used twelve.
You'll need more or less depending on how big your jar is, obviously.


Fold the quotes and put them in your jar.
Then hot glue the folded circles around the lid, slap on some vinyl, and you're good to go.

(If you don't have access to a vinyl machine, you could just as easily use paint pen or print the words on a cute square or circle of paper and modge podge it to your jar.)
THE RESULTING CUTENESS:



Cute, right? I agree. :)

Oh, and by the way.....

KRISTEN MILLICAN.....


...these happy thoughts are headed your way.

Oh, and if you haven't entered my giveaway for the super stinkin' cute Halloween headband, what are you waiting for? Head on over here and let's make magic happen, ok?



2 comments:

  1. I love this.
    Great blog. Following from Saturday blog hop.
    http://abundanceyeah.blogspot.com

    Remember to enter the Salsa Trio Giveaway
    http://abundanceyeah.blogspot.com/2010/09/many-flavors-of-salsa-jalapeno-carrot.html

    I will be starting monthly dinner meals soon. If you are interested email me abundanceyeah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say that I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this?! ANNDDD even more I love Y-O-U! So crafty and just all around incredible :)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.