Friday, October 22, 2010

Giving Thanks

I know it seems a little early to be cranking out the Thanksgiving crafts, but since I'd already made this, I wanted to go ahead and share it with you guys in case you want to make one too...and since you'll want it by November 1st, this should give you plenty of time. 

 Now that she's six, I think Libby is able to finally REALLY understand what it means to be thankful for something. And to help her do this, I whipped up one of these:


 Bloggers, meet our thankful board. I used an old small bulletin board that used to live in my classroom (back when I had a classroom), some hot glue, and some old scrapbook paper (mostly scraps). I then cranked up my trusty ole' Silhouette, did some cutting,  and here you go.


 And I'm so excited because not only do I think this will help us all to be more thankful and to focus on all the many ways God has blessed us, but it's my first project to make in a while that doesn't include felt. :)

Oh, and I wanted it in a place where we'll all see it daily and where Libby can easily reach the cards in each pocket, since I'm sure she'll be the ones reading them to us over dinner each day.
So, I grabbed some old magnets and glued them to the back so that the board can live here....
on our fridge.


Here's a sneak peek at a few of the cards and the things
we'll be thankful for throughout the month of November......





And speaking of full bellies and yummy food......
anyone want some pickle??????


Have a wonderful, safe weekend, and don't forget to enter my cupcake hat giveaway....oh, and all of you with a little girl in your life come back tomorrow for a girlie giveaway. :) :) :)


Linking up here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. :) That's a whole heck of a lot of linking....


21 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love it. I'm your new follower, adn would love for you to stop by if you would like to!

    Ashley E: www.cookwithabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Love it!!! Jenn from ThisMommyLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! What a fun way to get the kids to enjoy giving thanks. I'm ready for Thanksgiving crafts here, it's a favorite Holiday of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not too early for Thanksgiving crafts at all! What a great idea! I think I will have to make something like it for our family! Thanks for sharing!

    LoL Love the pickle child! LOL

    visiting from Amanda's!

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea-I love it-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I am a mum of three and we're adopting twins from Ethiopia! I found your blog on Design It Chic blog hop and look forward to following along and hope you may want to do the same! Have a great weekend!
    Blessings.
    j
    www.gfinkfamily.blogspot.com
    beneath the acacia tree

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet idea. I love it! The colors are really pretty, too. If Target can have a Christmas aisle set up already, it's definitely not too early for Thanksgiving crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful!!!! Definitely not too early to plan for Thanksgiving. Now, Christmas, on the other hand... ;) What a lovely project. :) Thanks for linking up with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this project! I'm thinking something like this will be a neat way to get my kids thinking of all we have been blessed with. Thanks for sharing. I'm stopping by from Amanda's Weekend party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never too early or too late for Thanksgiving (it's actually passed in Canada!!) this is a wonderful idea. I found your blog via the Weekend WrapUp and so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just the BEST idea! It is super cute too. What a worthwhile thing to do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out great and it's such a good idea to remind us about the whole reason behind Thanksgiving!

    I would love for you to link up to Scraptastic Saturday!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your adorable, adorable blog! I love this idea and when I have kids I'll definitely do this! Also, if you have time come link up @ Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays next week! www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I submitted my Blessings Board to CSI as well! Love the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all your girls are adorable!! Love the pickle pic. My youngest begs for my pickle flavored potato chips! Very cute blessings board...just wish I had seen this before November. Saving it for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this and will try to make one of my own! I am now a follower! You are welcome to hop on over to my little bloggy too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm a new follower and headed to the paper drawers now to make our family a "Count your many blessing" board!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Finally a person that puts some real work into a blog. I do like what you have done with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your blog! It's a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.