Sunday, October 17, 2010

And then there were more crafty ideas

There are so many reasons why I just LOVE blogging.
First, it's so encouraging to me to know that I'm not the only mom who struggles most some days.
Second, I love, love, love all the amazing people I've 'met' through blogging....there is a huge world that exists beyond my little corner of the world, and I love tapping into it.
And third, I LOVE all the ideas blogging has brought my way.
A friend of mine joked this weekend that I've gone from teacher to stay-at-home crafter this year.
I've always been crafty, but staying at home has definitely allowed more time to devote to it.

Speaking of crafting, here are a few ideas I've added to my "just have to make" list:



I think these popcorn balls are so cute.
They'd be perfect for a Halloween party or birthday party.
 You can find out how she made them here.


Remember that Halloween hair bow I made and gave away a few weeks ago?
 Well, here's the tutorial I used. I just took it and tweaked it a bit to make it my own.
 You can learn how to make these (and so many other adorable things) here.


Everyone knows I love a good party.
And this apple party and I were a classic case of love at first site.
This mom threw a party for her daughter's class.
 It was so adorable!
You can see more by going here.


Oh. my. lanta. I seriously caught myself daydreaming about this project the other day.
I absolutely love the way these shutters look as picture holders.
Love may not even be a strong enough word.
 Adore? Perhaps.
You can check them out here.




And, I'm already working on making this idea my own (details to come soon :) ).
I think Libby is finally old enough to start really getting into Thanksgiving and the idea of truly being thankful for all the blessings God has shared with us.
You can find more details on what this mom did here.


Oh, and while I have your attention, Wicked was AMAZING.
If you ever get a chance to see it, I HIGHLY recommend.
And while I'm recommending things,
I'd like to also recommend that you go here and here and enter my two fabulous giveaways, mkay?
And have fun savoring the last few hours of weekend bliss....Monday will be here before we know it.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature--it is much appreciated! I grabbed your button--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for such kind words about my apple party!!! You are too kind. And I love all your other features too....such inspiration! I would be honored to grab your featured button. Thank you for such a sweet, little shout out!
    -Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!
    I'm glad you could use the tutorial :)
    ~Shelley Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for featuring the "Give Thanks" Board! I'm excited to actually start writing on mine come NOvember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for featuring my shutter picture display!! And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog...How Sweet It Is.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.