Thursday, October 14, 2010

Libby's Bat Bucket

It's no secret the Libster has a thing for bats.
 Creepy?
Perhaps.
But regardless, she LOVES them.

Combine that with the fact that I had a hankerin' to get her a new Halloween bucket,
but I wasn't so thrilled with paying the $30 for the type of boutique-ish basket I wanted.
 So, I decided to improvise.

 I gathered some things I had around the house:
(That's right; this project was TOTALLY FREE for me.)


*an old paint bucket, which once contained the paint belonging to my master bedroom. It's the perfect size to hold all her goodies. It also happened to already be  black under the wrapper, but silver or clear would easily work too. And there's always spray paint.....

*some felt. I seem to be on quite the felt kick lately.

*some ribbon that I crinkled using the same technique I used for my trick or treat bucket.

*two black buttons

*my hot glue gun and a couple of glue sticks.

I snipped a little here, cut a little there, and lookie what I came up with:



I think I might have drooled a little when I saw the results.


I just think it's so very LIBBY.


Won't she be cute toting this around on Halloween????



There's no limit to what a girl can do given a glue gun and a daughter who loves all things batty.



Link with me??? You should...it's fun. :)

P.S.) Don't forget to enter my super cute owl hat giveaway and my amazing photography canvas giveaway. :) :) :)


14 comments:

  1. How stinkin' adorable!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is waaay cuter than any i have seen in stores!! totally impressed :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is precious! Love the pretty ruffles at the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute. stop by Random Crafty Georgia Girl and link up to Week in Review.
    -Cate from Random Crafty Georgia Girl
    http://olliebelle20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great thing to do with a used paint can. you are not supposed to just throw it away. hazards land fill stuff what ever. this is even better great. job. recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Way cute, what a great way to recycle an old paint can. I am a new follower from Pink Dandy Sunday Blog Hop. I hope you will come follow me too.
    http://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/10/pink-dandy-sunday-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I am a new follower. Great blog you have here! I look forward to your posts! Please stop on by!
    Thanks,
    Alissia
    Tips 4 Green
    http://tips4green.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this, great job! I'd love for you to link it up and show it off at All About You Monday, it will fit perfectly in the Halloween party theme this week.
    http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/10/all-about-you-monday-link-up_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so precious! I love it! Apparently I need to be saving my buckets instead of throwing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOO cute! I love those ruffles!!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute!!

    I am now following you from the Pink Dandy Sunday Blog Hop!

    You can find me here~

    http://debshere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you again for linking up with All About You Monday, come by the blog today, I'm featuring this bucket and grab a button in just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously adorable!! I love it! I am happy to be your newest follower and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Also, be sure to link up your sweet creations each Friday at my Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for linking up! It's absolutely adorable!

    Courtney
    scrapsnscribs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.