Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Am That Mom: Jackie






Hi Kids!

Jackie, from the House of Sarager, here.
I'm {somewhat}cool, and I have one important thing to say, so listen up.





Have you seen Meet the Robinsons?

You know the theme song, by Rob Thomas?


Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists and turns of fate
Time falls away,
But these small hours
These small hours
Still remain


This is a song for mothers.

Being a mom is hard, I ain't gonna lie.

I may not miss

diapers
potty training
being up all night
having a child that wants to be held ALL THE TIME



But one day I WILL miss

snuggling with a baby
when my three year old says, "I'm a big strong guy!"


The kisses/hugs/smiles/waves


the smell of my baby


You can't have the easy and not the hard.

The next time you find yourself thinking
"Can't this kid just leave me alone for one second?"


Remind yourself that one day you will wonder


"Won't my child talk to me for just one second?"



Just know, one day you will look back and long for these days.
Single days.
Young married days.
No kid days.
New baby days.
Crazy toddler days.
Even crazier teenager days.

I promise.


One day, you will miss this.


Time falls away, but these small hours still remain






**Jackie Sarager**




http://sarager.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

  1. That's sweet, Jackie. There's a country song out right now, called "You're gonna miss this" that has the same idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really loved this-especially since I was thinking one of those just a few minutes ago when my 1 yr old would not let go of my leg and let me change clothes!!! Thanks Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it all afternoon when both of my kids were climbing all over me. Yeesh Jackie, listen to yourself why don't ya?

    I'll have to check that song out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! I like what you said about how we should remember that some day we will be begging them to pay attention to us!!! Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the song, and the message you take from it.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww... I got all teary. Mostly because I kinda wanted to sell my kids to the gypsies all day.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.