Monday, January 9, 2012

Oink, Oink Pink Piggies Say: Hollyn's 2nd Birthday

It's no secret I love a good party.
I believe in the power of a birthday and that the lives of my little ones are worth celebrating.
 This year was no exception, but I did focus on my word for the year:
 simplify.
 I did less for this party than any other party I've thrown for my kiddos.
Also, we kept this one to just family, also something new for us.
The results: perfect.
 It was simple, and peaceful, and Hollyn loved every minute.

Here's the lowdown:

-There were super cute handmade piggy invites.



-There were little piggies and yummy yum cake balls.



-There were individual banana puddings in mason jars.


-There were precious piggies that held balloons.




-There were treats for our guests and lots of simplicity.


-There were two candles on the birthday girl's cupcake, plus one to grow on....


-There was an adorable two-year-old girl who could not have been more excited.


-There were lots of times we saw Hollyn her ever famous OOOOOOHHHHH face that we all love.


-There was singing and lots of sugar.


-And there was a slight sugar induced stare to tie it all up.


This party was nothing short of a t-total, simple success.

Now if I can only figure out how's it's possible that my baby is already two......



Today I'm linking here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here,  and here. That, my friends, is a whole lotta linking.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Hollyn! Simple, yet so festive and in my opinion, still a decent amount of prep time (individual puddings?! yum : )
    How did the cake balls turn out? If great, what recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.