Monday, September 12, 2011

Turning Seven: Libby's Owl Paint Party

This weekend we celebrated...big time.
It's no secret I love a good birthday party, and this year was no exception.

After receiving their invites, Lib's friends found their way to a local pottery studio.....


....here's what awaited their arrival:


In the bucket are her goodie bags, filled with gummy worms.
 Lib thought this was really funny seeing as how owls love to munch on worms.

I kept the food simple this year:


In case you're wondering, that's Funfetti cake dip. I'll be back later this week to post the recipe. But for now, I'll just say it was yummy in my tummy.


As a matter of fact, yes, those are owl cupcakes you see there.


Lib's little guests could not get enough of them!






In case you missed it, yesterday I posted about how I made Lib's owl shirt.


The studio was the perfect place with the perfect background.
 Check out this cuteness:


Once all of the guests arrived, each girl chose the owl she liked best:

And then the fun began.
I must say, I was a little hesitant (and sad) about not having the party at home this year,
but once I realized I wouldn't have to assemble the paints, brushes, etc., etc., etc.,
I was more than okay to party elsewhere this year.




Each girl got to select the colors of her liking, and everyone loved letting their artistic side show.



Here's the Libster's masterpiece:


Apparently Lib's owl was very happy....must have been the dip.

Love how these turned out:



The studio will fire and glaze them, and they'll be ready for pick-up on Wednesday.

But painting's not all we did.

We also sang and sent birthday wishes to this little girl:


And thanked each of our guests for coming:


Overall, the party was nothing short of a t-total success.
In fact, I think it's safe to safe that the only thing missing was Lib's front tooth.


Coming up this week:

*Funfetti recipe
*Saying Thanks: Owl Style
*How Hollyn spent Lib's party
*Africa: More Ways to Help
*I Am That Mom: One Year Later


Here's hoping your Monday is off to a great start.
Any party questions?
Leave a comment, and I'll get right on that.

Happy Monday to you and you and you.

Linking to here, here, here, here, here, and here and here..

2 comments:

  1. So precious! It looks like you had a lot of fun! Great job on her shirt and that wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea for a owl-themed party! With school starting up again--the wise ol' owl is a perfect theme. I have an owl board on pinterest and I pinned this post there. Those cupcakes were too cute!
    Your newest follower,
    Rikka j.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.