Friday, January 20, 2012

Sausage-y Goodness For All

Blog friends, today I'd like to introduce you to the magic that is sausage muffins.


This was one of the first recipes I learned to make as a newlywed, and it's still a favorite at our house. 
It's super easy.
Seriously, if you can stir and measure, you got this.

Here's what you'll need:

-one can cream of chicken soup
-1 can of water
-3 cups Bisquick
-1 pound of sausage, browned and drained
-1-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, depending on how much you prefer
-1 muffin tin
-nonstick spray or butter


First, brown and drain your sausage. Then add to that the rest of your ingredients. Mix well and scoop in sprayed or buttered muffin tins. I usually fill them about 3/4 of the way full, but a little more or a little less is not a problem. Bake at 350 for twenty minutes or until brown on top. This usually makes about two dozen muffins.

Two reasons I love this recipe:

-They are just as yummy for dinner as they are for breakfast.
-Every time I make this for a get together, I always get asked for the recipe...at least three times.

Here's this is as big of a hit at your house as it is at ours.

This weekend at our house is sure to include lots of yummy treats and some overdue movie watching.
Here's hoping your weekend is as low-key as ours will hopefully be.


This weekend I'm sharing this yumminess here, here, here, here, and here.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I made this last night and it was a hit!! Similar to sausage balls (Bisquick, cheese, sausage) but more flavor & more filling. Great way to make a pound of meat go farther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted this. I used self-rising flour instead of Bisquick. I did not have any BQ, so I googled homemade BQ. Basically, it's self-rising flour with fat added. I did not add any fat to the flour thinking the fat from the 2 cups of cheese, drained sausage, and mushroom soup would be enough fat. Sure enough, it was. Turned out perfect. (From now on, for sausage balls I'm going to use SR flour instead of BQ.)

    These are great to bake and keep in the frig/freezer for on the go breakfast (lunch?). They even taste great just at room temperature.

    My new favorite recipe. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think I could do these in a mini muffin tin also? I would probably need to cut the time a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this and it turned out AMAZING! My son and husband were in and out of the kitchen couldn't wait for it to be ready. i added 1 tablespoon of pickled jalapeno peppers chopped into little bits along with the sausage and cheese. I am now eager to make more savory muffins - hope i find a recipe that uses brats meat or ham, I do believe that there's going to be nuffin' but muffins as mid morning snacks for the next few weeks

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.