Monday, April 25, 2011

That Sure is A lot of Pressure to put on one little day

Last night I was thinking about holidays.
While I do love them, there are also things I flat out just don't enjoy about them.
They can often lead to stress, frustration, and a big fat case of the letdowns.
I mean, really, the thought that simply because a certain day has been assigned a certain title is somehow supposed to magically equate perfection? That's a whole lot of pressure for one little day, and I am a firm believer in the idea that you can't plan or anticipate perfection.
I think I can say this because I'm totally guilty of it.
And it really is nothing more than a guarantee for disappointment at my house.

Here are the ways I totally failed yesterday:

-I didn't get one single picture of Libby in her Easter dress. Nice.
-I forgot to charge the camera battery, which died a slow and painful death at about two o'clock yesterday.
-I let Hollyn eat her weight in Peeps and other yummy goodness because I just wasn't up for telling her no.
-I lost my patience with Libby when she became jealous of my mom's attention while my mom was holding Hollyn.

*Sigh.*

Despite all of this, my little family and I did have fun.
We went to church and made it there without any grumpiness, which was my goal for yesterday.
We visited with our families, got out of town, and ate, ate, and ate some more.

Here are some of my favorite moments:



The Easter Bunny did make an appearance.
And please ignore the pile o'clutter on my table-- it's kinda how I roll.

What this picture won't tell you and what I forgot to catch on camera is that Lib's basket was full of germ-x. It's what she asked for....yes, I'm serious.


But this is what she wanted the most. We've already watched it....twice.


And while Libby made a mad dash for the eggs, this little one took her time.
You can add this to the many ways my girls are polar opposites.


And seriously, could my mom possibly be any prettier?
I'm thinking not.


And each egg she found she had to taste. Call it a general inspection of sorts.


Did I mention that I am beyond madly in love with her gentle spirit?
Because I so am.


And while Hollyn provides a little peace and perspective, this one provides fun and adventure.
If nothing else, our home is balanced.


And yesterday reminded me again how thankful I am that these two girls I love have been blessed with the gift of sisterhood, something I've never had and have so desperately wanted.


And I seriously think this was my favorite moment of the day.
She was so stinkin' excited;
you'd have thought I'd handed her a one-way ticket to paradise

How was YOUR Easter?

Here's hoping the pressure of planned perfection didn't get in the way of the good stuff.

A few reminders:

THURSDAY is the last day to sign up for my homemade cd swap.
I'm sure you don't want to miss out on all the fun, so be sure to sign up before then.
And puh-lease don't forget to include your e-mail in your comment. :)

Later this week I'll be hosting a giveaway to encourage support for Melanie and the book collection for the soon-to-be library in Kenya. Get excited, lovelies; it's a good 'un.

And before you go, today I'd like to know:

what is the BEST compliment you've ever received?
Seriously.
Spill it.
Pleaseandthankyouohsoverymuch.

Happy Monday to you and you and you.

2 comments:

  1. My friend wrote this about me on her blog, it was the BEST compliment ever. "She’s only been a mom for 5 1/2 months, but you’d think she’s been doing it all of her life - she’s just that natural. She handles each challenge with ease and grace, but still takes time to marvel at all the tiny miracles of motherhood."

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.