Mom, you rock.
And, it turns out I'm not the only one who loves getting mail.
Seriously, I thought the Libster was gonna have a freak attack when she got this Supremes cd in the mail yesterday. She loves them. It's what I like to call 'her first official phase'.
Well, today on my way home from Lib's doctor, my little wheels got to turnin', and I had an idea.
Don't be too surprised; it does happen every now and then.
Here were my thoughts:
*I have some really cool readers with great taste. (That would be you.)
*I love mail.
*I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who loves mail....
*It's spring, and I'm in the mood for something new.
*And I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for new music to love.
So, here's what I've decided:
I'm going to host a CD swap via this here blog.
Here's how this will work:
1. You decide to participate. (Easy enough, yes?)
2. You leave a comment on this post with your e-mail address and the name of three muscial artists you enjoy sometime between now and April 29th.
3. On May 1, I'll match you up with someone else who has similar musical tastes.
4. You'll e-mail your partner, exchange info., burn a fab-o cd, and stick it in the mail.
(In other words, the only person you will give your address to is your partner.)
5. Sometime during the first week or so of May, you'll be enjoying some new tunes.
Oh, and feel free to help spread the word on your blog, facebook, twitter, or however else you so choose-- the more the merrier, right?
AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A BLOG TO PARTICIPATE!
I know I have lots of amazing readers who are blog-less, and while this is unfortunate, I certainly don't want you to be left out of all the cd swapping fun.
Sounds great, yes?
The commenting may begin now.
And I'll try to contain my excitement.....because sometimes it can be too much;
blame it on the mail.
AND REMEMBER: PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR COMMENT! Otherwise, it'll be hard for me to track to down to get you in touch with your partner.