Friday, April 29, 2011

More Than Trivialities

Sorry if I've been somewhat MIA this week. To be completely honest, the whole tornado thing has really taken its toll on me and my perspective. I just can't bring myself to talk about normal, day-to-day activities when so many people so close to where I live are hurting and suffering to such a great extent.
I will say though that the events of the past few days have made me want to squeeze my babies extra tightly and say I love you to everyone I love.

And today, I am thankful for perspective.


And I'm reminded that while parts of the South are in crisis, life, to some extent, must go on....

but today, while I'm catching up on last night's Grey's episode (which I've heard has something to do with Africa :) ),



I'll also be thinking about what I can do to help those who lost everything.

And while I'm desperately missing the beach (this is pretty much a daily occurrence at my house, although it does tend to get worse this time of year),


I will be thankful for the roof over my head and this place I call home.

And I try to not to be completely bogged down by all the drama taking place not only in the world around me...


...but in my own daily life as well.

And on this day, I will remind myself that, when all else fails, I should remember:


So today I ask:
what are YOU thankful for today?

Sidenote: Thanks to all who signed up to participate in the homemade cd swap. I'm hoping to have you all paired up sometime later today, so be watching for your e-mail this evening or tomorrow morning.

Happy Friday to you and you and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.