Sunday, April 10, 2011

And Then There Were Two

Let me start by saying that there are just some things as a mom that make me so stinkin' excited.
And pigtails are one of these things.

Hollyn sported some for the first time yesterday, and she was so adorable.
Man, oh man, I love that little girl.




I think I should get a medal or a trophy or something-- getting her hair into pigtails was no easy task.



Side note: this photo above may be my very favorite photo of the hollybelle.

If you do recall, we were out of town yesterday visiting with friends.
Our friends happen to also have two little girls, so most of the day looked something like this:


And it was exactly what we all needed after the monster that was last week.

But after staring at this little face for many, many hours, I feel ready to tackle the bound to be stressful week that lies ahead of me.




Seriously, this week is not going to be fun.
It will include a trip to the neurosurgeon for me and my no good, dirty rotten back, as well as a trip back to Lib's allergist for some bound to be awful allergy testing. One kid, sixty needle pricks to her back. Man, that sounds just awful. But, if it'll help us figure out and hopefully fix what's going on with her then it's worth it in the long run....it just won't be a very fun Wednesday for our family.

On a totally different, much happier note, I made these for dinner tonight. I highly recommend, except the next time I make them, I'll use half the onions-- it was a little too much for us. But this whole site is great, so hopefully you'll find something to drool over.

Know what I'm drooling over?
My homemade cd swap.
If you haven't signed up yet, what are you waiting for?
Just PLEASE remember to include your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.

Here's hoping your weekend was top-notch, and please come back tomorrow-- I'll be talking about Africa, and books, and how YOU can make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pigtails. They are one of my favorite things about when I was a little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.