Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This time last year....

At this very moment last year, I was in surgery, surgery that would result in one of the best gifts I've ever known or ever even dreamed of: my Hollyn.


And while this little girl was a surprise, she has been nothing more than a blessing since the moment we first met and I saw this precious little face.



Her birth was the easiest birth ever,
 which I think was nothing more than an indication of the kind of baby she would be.


And while I believe God gave me Libby to change me and challenge me and teach me, I believe God gave me Hollyn to be my sunshine, for she is the greatest source of joy I've ever encountered.


Loving her is the most natural thing I've ever done.


And if I didn't already believe in God, seeing her and knowing her and loving her....well, I think it would make a believer out of almost anyone.


And while I would love nothing more than to freeze time and keep her this age forever,


I also can't wait to see what all God has in store for her.....


...because there is no doubt whatsoever that it's gonna be something great.


And God picking me to be her mother....


...well, that's just one more way He has shown me just how much He loves me.


Because even though I didn't know she was missing before she came,


I now seriously can't imagine living another day without her.


So here's to the first year of this little life, the life that has taken love to a whole new level for me and blessed me in more ways than I ever thought possible.

Happy first birthday, Holly Belle.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little girl! This post was beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations mommy! Happy labor day! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Hollyn!

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Little Miss Hollyn! Hope it's wonderful for all of you! Great Job mom on the past year! Love ya's BJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your sweet Hollyn!! She brings joy even through her smiles over the internet! :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday little hollyn. you are absolutely adorable and your mommy obviously loves you very much.

    please make sure you grind your cake into every little baby roll when you get one. this is the one time you can get away with that. in fact, people want it to happen. crazy, right?

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.