Friday, January 7, 2011

30 in my 30's

Today is my thirty-first birthday, and if you've been keeping up, you'll know that I've spent a good bit of time thinking about how I want to spend today.
Here's what I've come up with (for real this time, not like yesterday): 

 I want to spend today celebrating this one life I've been given.



I want to think about the things I'm proud of, things I regret, moments I would love to relive, and moments I wouldn't repeat if you paid me with a lifetime of unlimited Starbucks.

And I've made a list.
You see, for the longest time, I kind of felt like thirty was old.
 And...well....that just can't be true. I certainly don't FEEL old.
And there are still so many things I've never done and things I want to do one day.
In short, I've still got a whole heaping lot of living left to do.
And I'm hoping this list will help.
After being inspired here, I've composed a list of thirty things I want to accomplish while I'm in my thirties.
Obviously, this isn't EVERYTHING I want to accomplish, just a few specifics I hope to check off my even bigger life list.
Some are going to be easier to cross off than others,
which is why I'm glad I still have nine years to work on them.

So, without further adieu, here are my thirty things: 

1. Take Libby to see a play.
2. Find and purchase a pair of jeans I absolutely adore.
3. Spend a day at the pool with my mom.
4. Keep my whole house super clean for one week straight....and the kids have to be here all seven days.
5. Take Libby to her first concert.
6. Get a dog.
7. Have a Friends marathon.
8. Go camping as a family.
9. Learn to actually play my guitar.
10. Spend a day reading at the beach.
11. Get an awesome tan.
12. Read Ramona Quimby: Age 8 with Libby.
13. Be comfortable with my after-baby body.
14. Have a family photo shoot and be happy enough with how they turned out that it's hard to choose which ones to buy.
15. Laugh until I cry.
16. Be able to run around the block without wanting to keel over and die.
17. Send a postcard to PostSecret.
18. Do something that's completely out of my comfort zone (in a good way, of course).
19. Give someone I love a fabulous gift for no reason other than to say 'thanks for being you'.
20. Send a different card to a different friend every day for a month.
21. Learn the Single Ladies dance.
22. Eat dessert first.
23. Have a family game night.
24. Have a girls' weekend.
25. Reach 500 blog followers.
26. Start making some dolla dolla bills y'all from my b-l-o-g.
27. Write something and have it published.
28. Learn some more about my grandmother's childhood.
29. Do something to help the people suffering in Africa.
30. Decide what I want to be when I grow up.

***I'll be highlighting them as they are completed. ***

Happy birthday to me and good luck, right?
Well, if you're inspired as well, which would be so totally cool, do tell.
And share a link. It would make my day to read your list.

And don't worry, as I complete them I promise to share
....and I have a feeling one of them will be crossed off very, very soon.....


Oh, and one more thing before you go:
I still have two giveaways going on through the end of the day, as well as a linky party.
You can find them here, here, and here.

Wish me luck as my mom and I head out on our adventure today, and worry not- I promise to share all about it.

And I'd LOVE to know which one of my thirty things you're most interested in or most looking forward to reading about one day.
 And comments sound like a GREAT birthday present (hint, hint).





 
 



15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday my dear friend! I hope you have a wonderful day and get all 30 things you want. I wish I was still down there so we could do the Friends marathon together! Love ya! BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday my dear! I hope you have a fantastic day with that sweet mom of yours. Send her my love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday, mccall! i hope you have a wonderful, blessed first day as a 30-something. you are a beautiful woman, inside and out and deserve to be treated like a princess today.

    i'm loving your goal to read ramona with libby. i absolutely loved beverly cleary growing up and hope i have girls someday so i can share her writing with them.

    also love the postsecret goal. i've been wanting to send one in for a while, but i feel like figuring out what i would share is a big decision that can't be made lightly. it would definitely be positive, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday McCall! I hope you have a fantastic day with your mom today! Enjoy every minute of your thirties. . . I'm not too far behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthay McCall! I hope you're having a WONDERFUL time with your mom.
    I'd like to read about #4 to found out how it is possible.
    I'm also looking forward to #27.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love from Bobby. A new follower. I hope you can acomplish all your goals. I love the being happy with my after baby body, I want that as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woooo hooo! happy birthday to you, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to my Beautiful friend! I hope it is wonderful! The item on your list that I think is my favorite is that you want to help the people suffering in Africa! You know my heart for Africa! I can't wait to read about it! AND I can't wait to read about the item that may be crossed off soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please Please do #21 first! I want to see that! Happy Birthday! Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too would love to send something to Postsecret. Also get a tan...let me know as soon as you figure out how to do that one :)

    Happy Birthday and Love you :)
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. First- HAAPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Second- love this post
    Third- All totally attainable.
    Except maybe #4. That's the questionable one. At least it would be for me. ;)

    Thanks for linking up today- hope it's been a GREAT day!
    xo,
    Mique

    ReplyDelete
  13. facebook stalking leads you places and I landed on your blog today on your birthday. SO STINKING CUTE. #25 happy birthday - I'm now a follower. #27 - I'd buy it and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!
    (Even though my wishes are a day late)

    And second -- I love your birthday wish list.

    Blessings to you in the year to come.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope your day was great yesterday! Went to reply to your comment and you don't have email attached to it. Here's a good post on how to do it: http://houseofsmiths.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html

    Thanks for the comment on my A word post! I thought everyone would see a lot of text and just skip it. Appreciate you commenting!
    xo,
    Mique

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.