Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Heart Just Aches



I have been struggling lately.... a lot. 
The desire to be back in Africa is overwhelming this little heart of mine. 
I'm really having a hard time finding contentment where I am right now. 
I just feel called so strongly to be there and to help there that it makes it hard to be here
If you  had told me two years ago that I would literally sit and cry some days because I so badly longed for Africa, I probably would have laughed at you. I at least would have made a funny face. 
But now I do. I long to be there so badly that it literally makes my stomach hurt. 
I honestly spent the better part of my birthday in tears because the words HEADED TO AFRICA are nowhere to be found in my 2013 planner.
 I checked.
 Twice. 

And we have some plans, this family of mine. 
God has confirmed time and time again that this is what He wants for us. 
But there's still a major roadblock. 
Can you please pray that a.) God will move that roadblock or b.) God will give me more patience? 
Because my supply is looking pretty slim these days. 
And it's really, really hard. 

And no, Mom, these plans don't include moving across the ocean. You can rest easy. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment! And I'm so happy to have a fellow Dawg lover! #hailstate I'm your newest follower! And I'm pretty sure I just heard your mom's sign of relief! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I totally hear you. And I feel for you. I am aching for a child I don't know in a country I've never been too. Those days I don't know what to do with the wait and the ache I get teary. I know I am supposed to turn to Him. I am impatient. I am human. But the times I lay it down at His feet, He gives me ways to serve Him in the middle--in the in-between, in the mundane things of life. Waiting is hard, but I think that's because while we are at point A waiting for point B, there is a ministry to be had in that empty space in the middle. I think with prayer He'll help you put your finger on what that ministry is.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.