Thursday, March 1, 2012

This Week, I Am Happy

Today I'm home with a kidney infection.

This means I'm :
a.) watching Grey's Anatomy reruns like an addict
b.)chugging cranberry juice by the gallon
c.) wasting time on Pinterest
d.) all of the above

However, I refuse to let one yuck day put a damper on all the things I have to be thankful for this week.
In no particular order, here are some things that are making me smile as of late:



This week I got to spend some time talking with this precious girl. Although she's not going back to Africa this summer, she is doing awesome things, and I could not be more proud of her.

(Note: no, the man in the background was not staged. Sometimes good things just happen; try not to be jealous, mkay?)


So, Libby's tonsils have been MIA for several months now. She's sleeping better, breathing better, and enjoying the day in and day out more than she used to; this makes me one happy mom.




Ever had one of these lovelies? You should. They are amazing.



This week my bff Meagan and I survived our first charity ball. Good times were had by all, and lots of dinero was raised to help local kiddos in need. Love when that happens.


On our recent trip down South, Libby and I got to spend some time with my pseudo little sister, Rebecca (aka Libby's godmother). I'm still smiling about the way these two love each other and communicate. Seriously, there has never been a better match. Sometimes I make really good decisions; clearly asking Rebecca to be her godmother was one of those times.


In the past week, I've read the first two books in this series. I wasn't so sure I'd love them at first; they're a little rough around the edges. But love them I do. Add these to the list of unfinished stories floating around in this here head; the third book doesn't come out for several months....boo on this.


And last on today's list, I am loving watching this precious couple prepare for their upcoming trip to Uganda. If you're looking for a great daily read, I strongly suggest you take a peek at their blog. Pretty sure one peek is all it was take for you to become hooked; it was for me.

Here's hoping your Thursday is top notch and that both of your kidneys are a-ok.
Oh, and do you follow me on Twitter? If not and if you want to, you can find me here.
Hope to see you there soon.



Today I'm linking here and  here. Join me?

5 comments:

  1. hahaha! that guy in the background looks like he's singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great load of lovin'! Hope your infection disappears super-fast...although watching re-runs of Grey's isn't all bad...!
    (Just popped over from PaisleyJade's linky - hi! Oh, and also? I can't ride a bike either.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bit about Libby's tonsils...encouraging. I made an appointment today to have O's out and I.CAN'T.WAIT.

    Feel Better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get well soon! Thanks for joining in... and now I'm drooling for a Tootsie lollypop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all I pray youll be better soon

    I had my tonsils out at 10 yrs of age finally I was very sick for a few yrs before that pleased Libby is much better too

    nice list

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.