Monday, March 12, 2012

Lasagna Roll-Ups {A Recipe}

To top things off, it's SPRING BREAK!
 This means lots of time spent in my jammers, an overload of Toy Story 3, quality reading time, and a life lived at a much slower pace. All of these things are making me exponentially happy this Monday morning.
I always being out of school (I teach, not attend, fyi) because it means I have more time to enjoy the things I do daily, such as cook dinner. Here's a recipe I love that I plan on cooking later this week.

 Bloggers, today I give to you lasagna roll-ups.

For this recipe you will need:

-1 lb. sausage (browned and drained)
-1 carton ricotta cheese (I use low fat.)
-1 egg
-2 or so cups of mozzarella cheese
-1 jar marina sauce (any kind you like)
-12-15 boiled lasagna noodles (it's good to have a few extras in case some break in the spreading or rolling process)

Once you've browned your sausage, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, and sausage in a bowl. It will look kinda gross, but don't let that take away from how yummy this will taste when you are finished assembling it.



Once this is mixed well, lay your lasagna noodles on a flat surface. If you look closely, you'll see that I always put mine directly on my clean counter top.

 (Tip: once you've boiled the noodles, don't drain the water; it will be easier to get the noodles out without them breaking if you remove them directly from the water onto your flat surface of choice.)

You will then spread the mixture onto the noodles as evenly as possibly.


Next, carefully roll each noodle/mix and place it in a greased Pyrex.


Once your Pyrex is full (usually about 10-12 roll-ups),  cover them in marinara and top with mozzarella cheese.
You will then bake this for about 25-30 minutes at 350 or until the cheese is melted, and it's nice and bubbly.


Reasons I love this:

-it's easier to serve than regular lasagna because it's already divided into individual servings.
-the sausage gives it a nice little kick that regular lasagna is often missing.
-everything is cuter in small packages.


Eat and enjoy.

Also, tonight's the season finale of The Bachelor. While I won't be watching because I'm not a fan of Ben, I WILL be thinking about my upcoming interview with Holly Durst. While I've gotten some great question ideas via e-mail and facebook, I'm still looking for one or two more to ask her on Thursday. Any ideas? You can leave a comment and learn more here.

Happy Spring Break Monday to you and you and you!



Today I'm linking here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.