Thursday, March 22, 2012

He's Planning Something Big....I Just Know It



God is up to something. I just know it. I can feel it. And I think it's something good.

As I'm getting ready to head out in the next few hours for the Created for Care retreat, I am overwhelmed from head to toe with a desire to step and do something to make a difference in Africa. It's not just a desire; it's a calling. I am being called. I've never said that before in my whole life....not ever. But I am. How and what He wants me to do I'm still trying to figure out, but He does, and I will.
Pray for me this weekend that perhaps God will use this time with Him to point me in the direction of His plan? I would be forever grateful.

A few randoms before I head out:

-  Did you know today is World Water Day? I've been thinking a lot lately about how I take water for granted. That has got to stop. If you would like to know more about how you can help provide someone in the world with clean water, you can check here, here, or here just to name a few.

-Two of my favorite bloggers are planning big things in terms of ways to help in Africa. Check out their blogs here and here to learn more.

-This is one of the best blog posts I've ever read. Love her and her views on motherhood.

Here's hoping your Thursday was the best one you've had in a long, long while and that I can exhibit some self-control and not come home with ten new Africa shirts. This will be a true test. While I can pass up clothing in the store any day of the week, I have a soft spot for Africa shirts. Not purses or shoes or expensive jeans. Africa shirts. I may or may not be addicted.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have an amazing weekend!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.