Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Well, That Was Unexpected


This should be my life's motto, at least at this stage of my life.

Sorry {AGAIN} that I've been absent from the blogging world.
But you see, my body apparently didn't think that moving to a new house, getting ready to start a new job, and trying to tackle the back-to-school shopping mob was enough.
And last Monday night, I ended up in the ER with some serious liver problems.

(Here's where you can stop anticipating a nice shot of me in my hospital gown all cozied up in my nice, comfy hospital bad. Three words to that: NEVER. GONNA. HAPPEN.)

And one little night wasn't a long enough hospital stay. In fact, my body wasn't content 'til we'd made almost a week of it. And on Friday, after four very long, miserable nights, I was finally able to come home....and eat.
That's right, folks. No eating from Monday night to Friday afternoon, Doctor's orders.
 Good thing I felt three shades of terrible, otherwise somebody would have come up missin' a cheeseburger and some chocolate chip cookies.

And to answer your question, no, I'm still not exactly sure what caused my liver enzymes to be ten times the normal amount. Two theories:
a.) a very nasty virus that I pray I will never catch again
b.) somehow when my gallbladder was removed in 2007, a gallstone decided to stick around in a duct and show itself four years later by making a debut in my liver.

Either way, it was painful, and nasty, and scary, and no fun at all, and my liver numbers are closer to normal with each passing day.

Too bad I didn't have one of these to make it all better:


Pretty sure they would have fixed me right up.

Thanks again to all of you who prayed for me and worried about me during my hospital stay.
And while I'm still not 100%, I am certainly feeling better.

I mean, it's hard to stay down long when this face is asking you for a 'paddy' a hundred times a day.  The girl is madly in love with her pacifier, I tell ya.




And my cousin, Claire, deserves a medal; she's been keeping the Libster since last Thursday.
Lee is actually picking her up now, and I'm sure I will have much to report once she's home.

As for the rest of the week, it's a busy one.
Tomorrow is my first day back as a working mom.
I'll be teaching seniors this year and could not be more excited about it.
And on Friday, the Libster will start first grade at her new school.
I can guarantee there will be pictures.

Oh, and one more thing, a HUGE praise for my friend Emily:




Adorable, yes?
Well, she's been doing missionary work overseas this summer, and the word on the street is she officially back on U.S. soil. I stinkin' cannot wait to see her sweet face and hear her precious voice. To say I love and am proud of her is quite the understatement.
WELCOME HOME, EMILY!

Happy Tuesday to you and you and you.
Let's try to keep this week hospital free, mkay?

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are home...I'll keep the prayers coming lady. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a rough time. Many prayers for you and your family. How is your new home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness McCall - so glad you are back home. Hope the back and you have a great 1st day on the job. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone deserves a medal, it's the mommy and daddy of Libby. She is a sweetheart and a pleasure to have around! I miss her already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy happy you're home - and happy you're excited about school!! Much luck - chat soon (puh-lease)!! Much love, h

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.