Friday, December 2, 2011

And It Only Cost a Dollar

See this here hat?



I bought it...
for a dolla...
from Target' (said with a fancy French accent, as Target' should always be said).
I kinda feel like I stole it, but it was in fact a dollar.
Please ignore the fact that it was originally made with a boy in mind; I took care of that.


The first thing I did was cut some felt in the shape of a flower... five petals, two leaves, one center. You will also need four more yellow circles, cut the same size as your center circle.


Next I sewed the leaves on the front of the hat on one side.
(Please forgive me for how terribly dark these pictures are; darn you, camera phone.)


Next I stitched the petals and center. Notice, my stitching here is horrible. It could be that I'm just that bad at sewing, or it could be that I was almost out of yellow thread and didn't feel the need to run out and purchase more to complete a part of a project that NO ONE WILL EVER SEE. I'll never tell.

Moving on....



Once this was in place, I took the four yellow circles and sewed them using the same method I used in this post, and voila:





One super adorable winter hat for one super adorable, tonsil-free, little girl.
And it only cost a dollar.

How's that for a good deal?

Tomorrow for our family there will be family pictures (insert dramatic music here) and hopefully a football game. I promise to provide details and some sneak peeks as soon as possible.


Here's hoping your weekend is nothing short of magical.

Today I'm linking here, here, here, here, here, and here. That's a lot of linking, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable hat!

    I'm a fellow 25 days of Christmas Blog Share blogger and wanted to say Hi, and let you know that I'm following you :-)

    Kelly
    http://mysimplewalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic hat makeover! So cheap but so cute and fun! Looks like she loves it too. :) Thanks so much for sharing your great idea at Shine On Fridays; hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.