Sunday, December 18, 2011

Peppermint Body Scrub: Yummy, Yummy Stuff

SOOOOOOOO......I realize I'd said I'd be back before now.
Forgive me for keeping you waiting.
However, I can report that since we last met here, I've baked cookies with Libby, regained my throne as the Uno champion in this house, graded what feels like a thousand research papers, and finished my Christmas shopping.

{Did you hear that? That, my friends, was the sound of me breathing a sigh of relief.}

I also took some time to make some of this good stuff with Libby.

Today I give you peppermint body scrub:



As you can clearly see, this is very exciting stuff.
It's also very, very easy and makes a great little happy.

Here's what you'll need:
- one cup of sugar
-1/2 cup of olive oil
-some peppermint extract or peppermint scented oil (I got mine at Bath and Body Works forever ago...)
-five or six regular sized peppermint candy canes

First, chop the candy canes into itty bitty pieces. I highly recommend using a food processor or paying someone to do it for you. Done by hand, it takes what will feel like forever.
Second, mix the sugar, oil, and candy cane pieces. This part is easy; it mixes very quickly. Then add some extract or scented oil until your scrub smells delicious.

NOTE: I packaged mine in glass jars, and I'm regretting it-- probably not the most shower-safe idea. I suggest finding something cute and plastic instead.
I also recommend making several batches all at once. Because once you see for yourself how uh-may-zing it makes your skin feel, you're gonna want a truckload.




Here's hoping all your  Christmas ends are all tied up, and that you can sit back and enjoy the rest of this Holiday Season!



P.S. Today I'm linking here, here, and here. Show some linky love and check out these wonderful sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.