Thursday, September 29, 2011

Awesome-ness is Potato Soup

In case you missed the memo, I LOVE soup, and fall makes me crave it like crazy.
I promise I'd cook soup two or three times a week if Lee would allow it,
 and this one happens to be one of my all-time favorites. 

Ever.

In the history of soups.

Not sure where I first got this recipe, but it's a favorite at my house for sure.

I give you, the baked potato soup recipe:


Looks yummy, yes?
That's because it is.
Very, very, very yummy if you want my honest opinion.

It's also VERY easy.

What you'll need:

*3-4 baked potatoes (love this because you can make them the night before and then the recipe takes about fifteen minutes)
*a few strips of cooked bacon
*1 can chicken broth
*1 can evaporated milk, which is available in  fat free
*salt and pepper (to taste)
* onion (1 cup or so)
* 1/4 stick of butter
*1/4 cup of flour

In a skillet, melt your butter and then caramelize the onions. Once this is done, add the flour and mix well. Then pour them into a larger pot (which will be used to make your soup).
Chop the potatoes (I leave the skin on, but you can remove it if you like), and add them to the pot along with the cans of evaporated milk and chicken broth.
Salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil, stirring every two minutes or so.
Once it's reached boiling, you can turn your burner off.
Top with cheese and bacon, serve and enjoy the heck out of it.

Happy Thursday to you and you and you.


Today I'm sharing this recipe here and here and here, so that many can enjoy this homemade goodness.


3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh... i ALMOST have no words!

    THAT.LOOKS.DELICIOUS.
    and right up this family's alley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....WOW.

    That looks amazing. I love soup too, and luckily, my hubby is happy to eat soup for dinner as long as I provide a bucketload of bread to go with it!

    (Just popped over from PaisleyJade - hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! That looks and sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.