Thursday, September 8, 2011

Being a Better Mom: Attempt # 16.2 and CALLING ALL MOMS

In case you missed, I'm on a mission to be a better mom.
Recently there was a letter to Libby and stories of hair whipping.
Today there is a letter to Hollyn and last minute party-planning.


My dearest Hollyn,

Twenty- five.
Wow.

That seems like forever away. But I'm sure that after a few blinks and perhaps a yawn or two, it will be staring me in the face.

Seeing as how you're not quite two, it's hard to picture you all big and grown-up, unlike your sister who has, in many ways, seemed grown since birth or shortly thereafter.

You, my wee one, are the joy I never knew was missing from this little life of mine.
You are kind and tender and a nurturer at the heart of you.

For you, my wish is simple:
complete and utter happiness.
It seems only fitting, seeing as how this is what you've brought my way since day numero uno.

I hope at twenty-five you are still as laid back and tender-hearted as you are now. I hope you still get eaten up with excitement when you see your family. I hope you still like spending time with me and your daddy-o and that you are still brave enough and strong enough to tell Libby 'no' when she needs to hear it.

I hope you still love to dance, for you are quite the dancer, little one. I hope you still find joy in simple things and that you are still as concerned with everything being in order as you are now.

As for what I think about your future:

College: not only do I think you'll go, but I think you'll do great. I hope college will be the time for you when you'll truly see who you hope to one day become. I hope you don't go too far from home, but in the same breath, I hope college helps you establish your independence.

Career: It's hard to say what you'll do when you grow up, seeing as how you haven't even started school yet. But I'm betting you'll do something that requires patience and organization. You are quite the nurturer, so possibly something that allows you to be organized while taking care of others will be right up your alley.

At twenty-five I'm thinking you will be well-grounded, well-established,
and well on your well to something great.

You, my precious girl, are one of the greatest blessings I have ever been given, and I cannot wait to see the girl you will grow to be.

Love you forever and ever and always,

Mom





Also. I've been tossing around the idea of bringing back my "I Am That Mom" series for round two here at Lee, Me,and the Girls. Thoughts on this? Would you be interested in posting this year? If so, shoot me an e-mail at mccallald@yahoo.com or leave a comment. I had MANY, MANY people read the post from last year, and I now have more than a hundred and fifty new followers, so it'd be a great way to promote your blog (or business) while also sharing your thoughts on motherhood. Hope to hear from you soon. :)





Also, today I'm linking here and here. Maybe you should too..... :)


6 comments:

  1. I need to start working my way through the list! Love your letter--it is so hard to think of our little ones ever being that big. :-) I'd love to see "I'm that mom" return, and I'd love to post. I'll work on it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok sista' friend - I'll do it...how much time to I have?? (love the letter by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to both of you! Heather-- I'm not planning on running it until the last week of the month, but I can push it back if that won't work...just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No that's fine - I just needed an idea of a time. We'll be off and running next week in NOLA and I have a couple of post updates to do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I'm following you from the Boost My Blog Friday hop. Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get the chance! Hope you have a good rest of the week! (:

    Best,
    Amber @ Beautifully BellaFaith
    http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice meeting you. After posting here I'll click to be your newest follower. Love the post. My husband's grandmother always said that her childless friend had the cleanest house, but it was so sad because there were no kids...

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.