Wednesday, March 26, 2014

And I'm Crying Again



Just this morning, I had a friend tell me that I was strong for adopting from Congo. 
I laughed and told her that all the tears I've cried and all the bags of M&M's I've eaten would beg to differ. 
I don't feel strong. 

I feel like I'm 100% dependent on Jesus to bring our daughter home. 
We are depending on Him to prepare our hearts and her heart, to place our paperwork in the right hands at the right times, to bring favor on her case with the right judge, and to provide the funds we need to cover all of our adoption expenses. 

The money part of adoption-- there are so many things I could say about this. 
Bottom line is: I hate it. 
I hate that it costs so much to give a little girl a family. 
I've said it before, but we view adoption as a means for children to gain families, 
not for families to gain children (although that is a great added bonus).
I HATE to think that so many families are willing to open their homes, hearts, and lives to children but say no because of the overwhelming financial commitment that comes with adoption. 

We don't have the $30-40,000 we will need to cover our adoption. 
Could we have waited to start the process until we had saved that much money?
Yes. 
Do we believe it would have been the right thing to do? 
Absolutely not. 

We feel called NOW to act towards bringing our daughter home. 
We believe 100% that this is what God wants us to do. 
We are simply being obedient, no matter how scary that may seem sometimes. 

And I'm so glad we said yes. 

My daughter-- oh how I wish I could show you her little face. 
She is so so so beautiful.
And if we'd waited to start our adoption process until we'd saved the money we'd need to move forward, we could have missed her OR she could have spent YEARS in the orphanage waiting for us. 

Again-- our God is so much bigger than any amount of money. 
He loves our girl. 
He made her. 
He designed her. 
He knows her better than we ever will. 
He has been there with her while we can't be. 
And I fully believe that He wants her to come HOME. 

In the meantime, we are praying. 
We are saving our pennies. 
And we are getting on our knees and asking for help. 

Right now, we are working to raise $10,000 that we will need to cover our costs costs that will legally make Emily our daughter. 

And right now we have absolutely no idea where that money will come from other than to say 'Jesus'. 
We stand firm in the idea that He will provide. 

Will you join us in praying our girl home? 

Would you like to make a donation to help bring her here? 
If you feel called to help in this way, you'll find a donate button that will link you to paypal in the right hand column on this blog. 

Every dollar donated is one dollar closer to our girl. 
We are so grateful for every donation that comes in, whether it's $1, $100, or anywhere in between. 

And Emily's suitcase? 
It's filling up with the names of people who have given on her behalf. 



She is worth asking for.
She is worth giving for. 
She is worth sacrificing for. 
She is worth putting my pride aside for each and every day until she is home. 

Thank you thank you thank you for your help and prayers and support. 
If you need, I'll be eating M&M's on the couch like it's my job.




1 comment:

  1. I am sitting here with tears FLOWING down my face. God bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.