Friday, November 29, 2013

But what if I eat the whole thing?



Happy day after Thanksgiving to you and you and you! 
We have some BIG adoption news coming soon, but for today I wanted to give you a little something yummy to make and enjoy with your family. 
It's perfect for tree decorating, board game playing, and watching Elf, my all-time favorite Christmas movie. 

Friends, today I give you the infamous HEATH BAR DIP. 



I first had this about nine months ago when my dear friend Laura made it for a Noonday party. 
It's safe to say I've been dreaming about it ever since. 

Here's what you do: 

-mix one 8 oz. cream cheese (I used fat free, but you can use whatever you so choose) with 3/4 cup brown sugar. I used my mixer, and it took about thirty seconds to be mixed to perfection. 
-stir in some Heath bar bits. You can buy them in a bag, already chopped up. They should be in the same area as the chocolate baking chips in your grocery store. 
-add in a few Snickers bars, chopped up into bite-sized pieces. Or, you can do what I did and buy the Snickers bites, which I found in the checkout line next to the other sugary sweets. 
-serve it cold with graham cracker squares, animal crackers, or whatever else makes your mouth water. 

You can thank me later for the yummy goodness. 

We're off to decorate our tree today, 
as we are firm believers in the NO TREE UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING rule. 

Here's hoping you are happy and full and surrounded by those you love today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.