Thursday, November 21, 2013

While I Wait



We are in a constant state of waiting around here these days. 
We're waiting for the phone to ring. 
We're waiting for an email. 
We're waiting for news. 
We're waiting for our girl. 

And waiting....well....it's not my favorite. 

But the way I see it, I have two options during this phase of life:
I can either drown in it, letting it consume me and frustrate me and make me a grumpy mess for the next few months, or I can keep on living, keep on praying, and keep on keeping my chin up. 

Needless to say, I'm trying to stick to the second option as much as I can. 

The truth is, we're on the verge of news. 
By that I mean, we are sitting on the edge of the cliff leaning over as far as we can to avoid diving head first. 
All that stands between us and a referral is a document. 
We've been waiting for said document for many, many days. 

Some days I've cried. 
Some days I've stayed busy. 
Some days I've gotten really excited. 
Some days I've been frustrated as all-mama-get-out. 
If any of you are looking for an emotional roller coaster to catch a ride on this Holiday season, come on over;  I'll leave the light on for you. 

Would you pray for us that this document will arrive soon? 
Tomorrow would be great; today would be better. 
Before Thanksgiving would make me one very happy mama. 

And if you need me, I'll be buried in Dossier documents. 
If anyone needs a birth certificate, marriage license, or passport photo, my house is the place to be. 
Hoping to finish and submit the Dossier next week. 
Can you say I WANT IT DONE NOW? 
I can. 
Heck, I'll even say it in Pig Latin if it means I can stop thinking about it. 


Little girl, we are coming for you, no many how many notaries I have to tackle to get there. 





2 comments:

  1. Yes, I'll pray that the document arrives soon and that your little girl gets to come home, soon, too!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.