Monday, May 6, 2013

Mother's Day: What I Want This Year

This Mother's Day I want to be informed. 

I want to know more about other mothers in this world. 
I want to know how I can best instill in my girls a desire to serve God and others. 
I want to teach them what it means to give selflessly. 
I want to know how I can best make a difference in the lives of others. 
I want to better understand what it means to be in need. 
I want to know how my marriage can be the best version of what it is. 
I want to learn how to best display grace for my kiddos. 

I want to be a better mother in every possible way. 

Here are some places I have started and hope to soon start in terms of getting and doing better: 






















The older I get, the more I realize that motherhood is the most important job I will ever do. 
And that's something worth taking seriously. 

What is one way YOU hope to grow as a mother this year? 
Are there any resources you'd recommend? 

Happy early Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there who are giving their all each and every day to raise up givers and doers and servers. 


2 comments:

  1. I've put the Grace Based Parenting in my cart a zillion times but haven't bought it yet. Let me know if you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read! I did a bible study at my former church based on this type of parenting - and it's AMAZING! definitely check it out. :)

      Delete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.