Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Makes Her Mama Proud


Oh, my heart is so full. 

This past Sunday Libby had her first piano recital. 


It's been so fun to see her truly enjoy learning something.
 She practices every day, on her own accord I might add. 
And while 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' is about all I've got, 
my mother has played since she was a little girl and truly loves it. 
And I love watching the two of them share a love for music. 


And apparently I'm not the only one. 
Here's the video of one of Libby's two songs from the recital. 
If you listen closely, at the end you'll hear Hollyn say, 
"Now is Libby gonna come sit with us?"

The girl is proud of her sissy. 
And so am I. 





And now that the recital is over, I'm headed out of town tomorrow morning bright and early to share Noonday with some of my college friends. 
Two parties in three days that are located several hours apart. 
There will be lots of time to think, lots of time to play the music way too loudly, and lots of Starbucks. 




And while I'll miss my girls, I'm hoping this time will do my heart worlds of good and that I'll come back well-rested, refreshed, and ready to tackle to adventure commonly known as summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.