Monday, May 9, 2011

Anyone Have a Bubble I Can Borrow???

Happy freakin' Monday, my lovelies.

If you know me at all, you know that I can pretty much laugh at anything,
and that quite often I am laughing at myself.
And this is one of those times.

So, please know that I write this post in order to emphasize the funny, and with that being said, please ignore the fact that this is ridiculously pathetic and pitiful.
Remember, we are focusing on the funny.

OK, so I kinda feel like I need a t-shirt that says this:


Why's that you ask?

Well, there's the bulging disc and the Walkman look-a-like/wannabe heart monitor/back box that I swear draws in a crowd every time I leave the house, which is funny because I thought no one was supposed to notice it. Huh.

There's also the tick bite I got last week. I'd show it to you, but it looks nas-ty, and that's just not cool. I try to keep my blog as nasty free as possible. And yes, I did take a Lyme disease test. And yes, the results come back today. And no, I'm not worried about it. After surviving E-coli, everything else is small potatoes.

Well, in addition to the bulging disc and tick bite, I'd also like to add this to the mix:



Because I simply didn't have enough going on with my body.
This is what happens when I try to walk.
Ok, not really, but kinda really.
I was walking and tripped...over nothing.
My hands and both knees are not exactly happy with me right now.

The best part?
See the red marks at the top and bottom of the bandage?
Those are from a reaction I had to the Littlest Pet Shop band-aids I wore last night.
Fabulous.

So my bloggy friends, what's the point in sharing this you might ask?
Oh, it's just that I'm feeling a wee bit like this today:



Seriously, enough is enough already.
I've had about all that I can take.
And I mean it this time.

I mean, for real, can a girl not catch a break
or at LEAST have a cool story to share after receiving said injuries?
Really anything better than, "I suck at walking" will do.



Regardless, it is kind of funny.
I mean most people have less happen to them in a month than I have in an average day.
Does that make me special?
Ummmmm.....only if by 'special' you mean a walking disaster waiting to strike...or fall, in my case.

So today, in spite of the fact that my knees look horrible, my friend Mandi and I are headed to the beach.
Ok, so maybe it's really the lake here in town, but we will be pretending that it's the beach.
I'm hoping it will do wonders for my grumpiness....and my knee.
I mean, lakes are good for knees...and backs...and tick bites....right?



Happy, fall free Monday to you and you and you.

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious - in an "I'm so sorry I'm laughing (hopefully with you)" kind of way! Keep hangin' in there sista! (and please steer clear of the flesh eating bacteria at the lake today...I hate to be an alarmist - but we both know you're that one in a milion...m'kay?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO!

    I was good seeing you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.