Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tetanus, Meningitis, and Yellow Fever- Oh My!

Yesterday was shot day. 
And although they tried to scare us with things like this : 


This: 


And especially this: 



We survived. 
Five shots for me, six shots for Lee, and three prescriptions for each of us, and we have never been more ready to go to Africa...literally and metaphorically. 




Thanks to all who bought T-shirts yesterday, and I promise that each purchase has blessed my heart in so many ways. God is bigger than the money we need to raise...and five shots. Period. 

And in case you didn't win last week's giveaway, my friend Alison is giving not one but TWO shirts away on her blog this weekend. You can go here to enter to win. 

 Here's hoping the huge knot in my arm will find somewhere else to live very, very soon; it's about worn out its welcome here. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I remember those shots all too well!!! :) Take some Advil...it helps! Glad you got that checked off your list though!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.