Monday, July 26, 2010

Five days

Last week was bliss.
 I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I come from a very small family. I'm an only child and have a mere two first cousins. However, I prefer to see this glass as half full and make the most of the wonderful family I've been given, no matter how small it may be. And rockin' the small family means visits as often as possible. So, last week we packed up everything we own (ok, not really- but it seemed that way) and headed south to Louisiana, because six kids are far more relaxing than two.
 In all seriousness, it was fabulous and just what I needed to refill my cup. There is just something so comforting about being surrounded by those who know your history.

 It was the vacation to top all vacations.

It was the vacation where Libby spent five days doing this:


.....where I spent five days loving on this cute little fella......
......where I spent five days seeing this every time I looked out the window.....

....where I spent five days oodling over my cousin's birthday present....


....where Libby spent five days playing dress-up with someone who loves it just as much as she does.....



......where my grandmother spent five days in her very own version of heaven on earth.....



....where I spent five days fulfilling my overwhelming desire to get a dog....

....and where Hollyn spent five days being welcomed to the family.


And it couldn't have been any better.

Here's hopin' you rock the family visits every chance you get.

1 comment:

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.