Wednesday, October 16, 2013

It's Official- I'm Losing My Mind



***If you've been around here for a while, you'll notice that I'm recycling this picture. 
I have bigger problems these days than re-using a pic in a blog post, so don't judge me too harshly, please. ***

I think I have officially lost my mind. 
Between the fundraisers and the fundraisers and the fundraisers and the paperwork and the house to clean and the dinners to cook and the clothes to wash and the....well, you get the idea, I think I've officially reached the 'I can't take on anything else right now' point in the adoption process. 

Now don't get my wrong, I am beyond thankful for the fundraising. Really, I can't even begin to put into words just how thankful I am. I'm also thankful for my kids and home and the fact that we have food to eat. All of these things that I'm busy doing are good things. There are just a lot of them right now. 

And I like my plate full. 
In fact, I can honestly say that I am happiest when I have about four fires burning at once. 
However, this is a whole lot of fires...and there's only one me. 

And yesterday was the icing on the stacked too high these days cake. 
I went to the car pool line, crying three year old in tow. 
I sat in the carpool for thirty minutes because Libby claims that all of the 'good moms' are parked near the front. I'm trying to be a good mom here, folks. So, I sit and sit and sit, doing my best to comfort the crying three year in the backseat who has now learned how to unbuckle herself and constantly tries to get out of her seat. So not fun. Anyway, I finally making it around to the front of the line, and I don't see Libby. 
*Insert moment of panic here.*
The teacher on duty notices that Libby isn't getting in my car and goes to look for her. 
She then comes back and politely reminds me that it was Tuesday. 
And Libby rides the bus to children's church choir on Tuesdays. 
She's done this for over a month. 
And I totally forgot. 
I sat in the car pool line for nothing. 
And there are few things in the world I hate more than the carpool line. 
At least I didn't forget to pick her up all together, right? 

Oh, the things we do for our kids, whether they are home or half way across the world. 

So, if you need me anytime soon, just know that I'm here, still in my jammers, working harder than I ever did when I was actually getting a paycheck for my work, and trying to keep my head above water. 

God never said the good things would be easy. 

But my girl is worth every late night, every trip to the post office, every minute spent at the computer, every fundraising attempt, and every pound of candy corn that I consume in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.