Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5 thanks- May

So, after re-reading yesterday's post, I realize I've been bitten by the negativity bug. We'll call him Neg. for short. You know ole' Neg., don'tcha? He's the one that makes the cup look half empty when it's really half full. Well, in an attempt to undermine him, I've decided to make an honest effort at being more positive.
I found another quote today that inspired me, "If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "Thank you," that would suffice"-- Meister Eckhart. Not so sure who Mr./ Meister/whatever Eckhart is, but I definitely agree.
So, in an attempt to be more positive (we'll refer to this as Neg. repellent, so to speak), once a month I'll be posting about five things I'm thankful for at the moment.

So, without further adieu, here are the five things I'm thankful for: May edition.

1. TARGET DIAPERS

Oh, how I love thee, Target brand diapers. You keep my baby #2 dry long enough for her to sleep from nine to five. You fit her oh-so-well and have polka dots. Seriously people, who doesn't love a cute polka dot tooshie? I know I do. And, you're super cheap. Sometimes being cheap is such a great thing, like when it comes to something that your kid will use (literally) once and then throw away.


See...I told you they were cute.

Target diapers, thanks for all you do.

2. This baby gift:



In case you can't tell, it's a blanket for Hollyn, and I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE it. It's so soft, matches her room perfectly, is monogrammed, and is something she can use forever. Best of all, it's from a former student. How sweet is that???!!! Peyton- you have great taste. :)

Isn't it adorable?

Personally, I think it's even cuter when paired with these baby blues:




#3- My fix-all DAVE BARNES VIDEO


Bloggers, meet Dave Barnes; Dave- the bloggers. Seriously, if you don't know about Dave Barnes and his uh-may-zing music, you are truly missing out. I simply cannot get enough of him. Not only do I love his music, but if I weren't single, I'd be stalking him. I don't only think he's super cute, but he is MY KIND O'FUNNY, and if you know me, you know that funny is right up there on my list of necessities in life.
Ok, so when I'm having a bad day (like yesterday) and Ole' Neg. is trying to sink his teeth into me, I simply need to watch THIS VIDEO, and I magically feel better. It's honest-to-goodness Neg. repellent for me. It may even be the waterproof kind, because that's how well it works.
Thanks, Dave.
#4-Prison Break
Have I told you that Lee and I have Netflix? Well we do, and we love it. Here lately we've been watching Prison Break. If you like clever, you'll like this show. I love watching a television series via Netflix because it's much easier to fit an episode into my schedule and still make it into bed on time than it is to fit an entire movie.
Although the show can be a little rough around the edges, the prison life part fascinates me because it is obviously (and thankfully) so different than the life I know. And the characters are great-- really believable, both those I truly like and those I think should stay in that prison for years to come. It's my "break" from reality that I have so desperately craved this month in the midst of sleeping nights, state tests, and a crazed five-year-old.




Thanks, Netflix.
And last but not least,
#5
Please excuse the quality of this picture; as you can tell, my planner is a wee bit camera shy.
What I'm thankful for here is the fact that after today I have a mere twelve (my favorite number) days left of the day job. After that, I'll begin my newest adventure as a stay-at-home mom, part two. No more bell every fifty minutes, no more red pens, no more Channel 1, and no more packed lunches for the mom. Of course this also means no more talking about books all day and getting paid for it, no more funny teenaged jokes, no more lunches with some of my favorite people, and no more daily drive to and from work where I can have ME time. There are things I will miss....however, I tend to believe that spending the day with Hollynation and being here to pick up the Libster from her first day of kindergarten will make it all worthwhile.



So, there you have it. Ahhhh, I feel better already. No more Mr. Neg. today.
But, I do wonder-- what are YOU thankful for at the moment?


1 comment:

  1. Sam and I loved watching Prison Break!! And you have inspired me to try Target diapers. I've use Pampers from day 1 and have been a little leary of changing brands. But, you're the second person who recommends them, so I'm going to give it a try! Plus, they are super cute, and I love a good bargain! I'm all about something that will help the budget, which in turn allows me to stay at home with Lydia! Trust me, you will never regret taking time off to spend with your girls! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.